Goodnight Sweetheart on That's TV

Nobby

Just watching this on That's TV, the episode started at 16:50. There is a surprising amount of bleeping though.

One particularly daft one was when evil Rodney says to Reg, "That WAC are girls who Want A Cuddle" and that his friend is looking for a BLEEP

I assume, from context and my lip reading ability, that he was looking for a WAF.

There have been a few other bleeps too. This episode originally went out on BBC One at 20:30, uncensored I assume.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00hsf57

Evil Rodney also told Ron that he played Smack my Bitch Up in The Royal Oak. This was not bleeped.

That's TV are normally quite sensible when it comes to censorship and show some interesting programmes the likes of which UK Gold would never touch nowadays.
Last edited by Nobby on Sun 24 Dec, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVPerson

I've found the episode on YouTube:
and he does indeed say WAF. They must have thought that the F stood for "f*ck" (Want A F*ck).

There was some strange censorship on Film4 recently as well. In a film starting at 19:05, there was a scene where a penis was being drawn a man's face (unbeknownst to him), and this was not edited. However, the part where he realises what has happened to him and says, "I have a dick on my face, don't I?" was removed. I'd have thought they'd either object to the whole scene or leave it all in.
Nobby

Thank you for the YouTube link, bastard and poof were also removed from the That's TV broadcast.